2015 Senate Bill 501

House Roll Call 263: Passed

To require resident aliens who drive a vehicle in Michigan to have both a valid drivers license issued by their native land and a passport or valid visa. Current law only requires a valid drivers license. (A resident alien legally present here can also get a Michigan drivers license.) Also, to require the Secretary of State to post the countries with which it has reciprocal drivers license recognition agreements (which are now required but the bill would make optional).

90 Yeas / 18 Nays
Republican (61 Yeas / 2 Nays)
Democrat (29 Yeas / 16 Nays)
Excused or Not Voting (1)