Michigan Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Great Lake State.
Welcome to Michigan Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post 01-04-2013 12:54 AM by had it. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-24-2012 8:10 AM

2011 House Bill 4853 (Revise medical marijuana law regulations )

Introduced in the House on June 30, 2011, to establish sentencing guidelines for the crime of selling or providing medical marijuana to an unprescribed user

The vote was 100 in favor, 9 opposed and 1 not voting

(House Roll Call 244 at House Journal 0)

Click here to view bill details.
  • 12-24-2012 8:16 AM In reply to

Re: 2011 House Bill 4853 (Revise medical marijuana law regulations )

I applaud the legislature for taking real steps to rein in "medical" marijuana. Marijuana use is not harmful to some...but destroys others' lives and their family's lives too. I will continue to rip out signs posted on so many public street corners advertising cheap medical marijuana licensing. What a joke! My sons' use of medical marijuana...and the drugs he graduated to cost me tons of money and a decade of my life wasted. Anyway, who wants to face more stoned drivers on 2 lane highways at night?
  • 01-04-2013 12:54 AM In reply to

• had it
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-03-2013
    • michigan

Re: 2011 House Bill 4853 (Revise medical marijuana law regulations )

you applaud the legislature for taking real steps to rein in "MEDICAL MARIJUANA"  The majority of the people voted in the State of MICHIGAN to allow medical marijuana yet our Michigan government has been changing the rules as to how they want them to be. The Michigan Medical Marijuana laws should remain as they were written.While we elect people to represent us they do not do their job. If  they did the numerous changes that have been made would not have happened.Our elected officals have dertermined that the majority of the people in michigan didn"t know what they wanted.  our duly elected officals are now going to change the rules and not respect the voters inMichigan It sugggests to me that they  believe they are smarter than the people  that elected them. I wonder how you would like it if a voter intitive that you helped get passed was changed Would you still applaud them? I don"t think so!!!!As for your son" medical marijuana it has not been legal in Michigan for ten years The money you spent on the drugs he graduated to could possiblbly have been spent on professional help for the both of you.WE live in a demacorcy and when the minority of the people can change what what the majoity of the people voted in as a law it is WRONG! If we allow this to continue "what's next" THINK ABOUT IT !!! I will be awaiting your reply after you have given this some THOUGHT.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)