Michigan Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Great Lake State.
Welcome to Michigan Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post 01-22-2013 7:57 AM by tedeum. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2012 1:05 PM

2012 House Bill 5566 (Increase allowable local government and school “deficit spending” debt)

Introduced in the House on April 24, 2012

Click here to view bill details.
  • 05-06-2012 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: 2012 House Bill 5566 (Increase allowable local government and school “deficit spending” debt)

It's time municipalities get their budgets under control unstead of finding creative ways to borrow funds.  We are heading toward a cliff of financial ruin.  Public pensions, pay and benefits need to be brought in line with the private sector.  More borrowing just makes matter worse.

• 09-28-2012 8:30 AM In reply to

Re: 2012 House Bill 5566 (Increase allowable local government and school “deficit spending” debt)

It`s interesting how the authorities find ways to borrow more money, this gives them more time but at the end they have to give those money back. This is becoming a closed circle and they cannot find solutions to redress the situation.
  • 11-06-2012 5:39 PM In reply to

It's funny how the government can find new ways to cover the problems that we have in our country. The real problem is cutting losses and finding ways that they can do their jobs with the funds that are given to them, not borrowing from one place and giving them to others. There are a lot of students out there that need help and tons of young minds that need the same. My advice to them is to continue your education and find ways to keep in schools, even if this means less free time and a tone of work. The system has problems with the education level, the students have problems with the money they owe to schools, is it only me that see this as a more complex then others?
  • 01-03-2013 10:18 PM In reply to

• delia
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-04-2013

Its amazing to see someone put so much passion into a subject. I'm glad I came across this. I'm glad I took the time to read on past the first paragraph. You've got so much to say, so much to offer.thai women for marriage
  • 01-22-2013 7:57 AM In reply to

Conservatives are also wrong when they argue that deficit spending and a large national debt will inevitably undermine economic growth or improve healthcare administration. To see why, we need to simply look back at times when we have run up large deficits and increased the national debt.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)