Michigan Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Great Lake State.
Welcome to Michigan Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post 01-10-2013 6:10 AM by Beerme. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2012 4:06 PM

2012 Senate Bill 974 (Add medical marijuana restrictions )

Introduced in the Senate on February 16, 2012

Click here to view bill details.
  • 03-15-2012 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: 2012 Senate Bill 974 (Add medical marijuana restrictions )

We shouldn't need a law to allow property owners to control what happens on their property.

• 03-15-2012 6:13 PM In reply to

I'm sure Mr. Jones feels the same way about those individuals who wish to take other medicines authorized by their doctors... Funny, I always thought Republicans were for less government. I guess it's just all about who you are passing the laws against, eh?
  • 04-21-2012 1:16 PM In reply to

Maybe this has something to do with it: ...... http://news.investors.com/article/608418/201204200802/ssdi-disability-rolls-skyrocket-under-obama.htm

• 05-22-2012 12:47 AM In reply to

Keep updating, find it extremely informative. couch cleaning ny
    Filed under:
  • 01-03-2013 10:14 PM In reply to

• delia
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-04-2013

You're what blogging needs, an open minded superhero who isn't afraid to tell it like it is. This is definitely something people need to be up on. Good luck in the future, man.thai brides
  • 01-04-2013 10:45 AM In reply to

Excellent bill and should be passed. Marijuana is a federal offense and any land owner or home owner who objects to someone smoking on "their property" should have the right to boot the law breaker whether he has a marijuana card or not.

• 01-04-2013 5:56 PM In reply to

I guess you're pretty adamant about following all Federal laws, then. Big fan of Obamacare, Tater?
  • 01-08-2013 6:51 AM In reply to

I say that Beerme does not see or ignores the difference between a law to clarify legitimate property and gun rights, and a law requiring you to buy health insurance that is unconstitutional. Then he throws the hypocrisy charge. It's the Constitution, not the will of 51%. The Constitution protects individuals against the State and against popular opinion.
  • 01-08-2013 8:50 AM In reply to

Marijuana is a gateway drug. Addicts always start from smoking Mary Jane and move up from there. I am glad the legislature is taking the mental health needs of Michiganders seriously. Smoking pot starts a vicious cycle that for some can end up wrecking lives and also property. Property owners should have a right to discriminate against pot smoking renters and keep them off their rental property. from The Criminal Personality: "A frequent observation is that the addict is irresponsible. An amazing number of sources take great pains to point out that the addict is by virtue of his drug use an inveterate liar and absolutely untrustworthy. This characteristic is recognized by nearly all who construct a profile of the drug addict." "They cite...the user's pattern of blaming others; the addict views himself as a victim. . Other features are the addict's lack of goals, his intolerance of frustration, and his general insecurity and psychologic inadequacy. The addicts sense of inadequacy and inferiority are pointed out by nearly every writer." Sound familiar? These are also the traits that can often lead to psychological and physical abuse of women and children. I can confirm this myself.
  • 01-09-2013 10:52 AM In reply to

"Mary Jane" - did you get that from the movie Marijuana Madness?  That term hasn't been used in 50 years.

Pot does NOT start a viscious cycle of anything. Vicodin STARTS a viscious downward spiral that can and does end in death. How about we stop the massive use by restriction of Doctors that prescribe this drug!!

If you ever smoked pot - you would know that it usually makes people laugh and eat more Cheeto's!  Every person that I knew in college smoked weed and never did anyone steal, get violent or lie - they were more likely to talk alot more and it was about sociological and economic problems that surround the American people.

Let me know who these 'writers' are that you mention - I'm sure there right wing conservatives with no knowledge of 'Mary Jane'.

Let's ask Rush Limbaugh if he would rather smoke pot that get strung out on Vicodin AGAIN.

• 01-09-2013 10:56 AM In reply to

Right on Brother!

Enough laws already!

Notice how the lame duck groug passed so many while the rest of us didn't even get a chance to view them?

• 01-10-2013 6:10 AM In reply to

I don't disagree with your points regarding Obamacare but I do believe you are being dishonest about why you don't support medical marijuana. Yes, it is hypocritical for you to oppose one federal law but not another. Obamacare was constitutionally legitimized by our Supreme Court. It IS constitutional. Laws are made by congress and made by the people. And it was a bit more than 51% that made the MM law. Still, a point well made, Mr. Salad.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)