Michigan Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Great Lake State.
Welcome to Michigan Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post 03-22-2011 7:37 AM by prosch. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2009 8:14 PM

School Union Denounces "Dangerous Trend" of Privatized Services

The March/April 2009 Michigan Capitol Confidential has a story about the Michigan Education Association launching recalls against local school board members who seek to save money by hiring private contractors to do non-instructional work like prepare meals, drive buses and clean the schools. What do you think?

• 04-30-2009 10:38 PM In reply to

• gypsy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009

Re: School Union Denounces "Dangerous Trend" of Privatized Services

The "Michigan Capitol Confidential" is a tool of the Mackinac Center, used to further their position. Is Michigan Votes so desperate they must resort to inciting Michiganders to comment with stories from their own publication? Isn't presenting the bills with a biased description working out for them?

• 03-20-2011 11:05 AM In reply to

I don't see where the problem related to hiring private contractors to do the non instructional services in schols is. I have an office cleaning service and I would be delighted to expand my business by also working with schools. Since they save money by hiring private contractors, it's a win win situation.

• 03-22-2011 7:37 AM In reply to

Right, @archieotto ... i dont see the problem too. I working in a translation agency (Übersetzung Deutsch Englisch) - and i can agree you thats only a win win situation!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)